Dragon Gate “KOBE PRO-WRESTLING FESTIVAL 2009”, 19.07.2009 (PPV)
Kobe World Hall
1. K-ness, Super Shisa & Shisa BOY vs. Cyber Kong, Yasushi Kanda & Kenichiro Arai
2. “Hollywood” Stalker Ichikawa Bousou Series Final: Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa vs. Abdullah The Butcher
3. Anthony W. Mori & Super Shenlong II vs. NOSAWA Rongai & MAZADA
4. Naoki Tanizaki vs. Kzy
5. Open the Triangle Gate Title Contendership: Susumu Yokosuka, Gamma & KAGETORA vs. Akebono, Masaaki Mochizuki & Don Fujii
6. Open the Triangle Gate Title: Masato Yoshino, BxB Hulk & PAC (c) vs. Dragon Kid, Taku Iwasa & Akira Tozawa
7. Open the Twin Gate Unified Tag Title: Ryo Saito & Genki Horiguchi (c) vs. Shingo Takagi & YAMATO
8. Open the Dream Gate Title & Open the Brave Gate Title: Naruki Doi (c) vs. CIMA (c)
So some interesting matches on the card for sure, and some not so interesting (number 3 I’m looking at you). Matches 7 and 8 I am most curious about as I can’t really comprehend why either match is taking place. Hopefully the DG bookers have something planned because nothing makes sense there at all. The triangle gate match has potential match of the night written all over it and I’m glad Iwasa is back in a title hunt so soon after his return. KAMIKAZE were kind of hurting without him.
Quick predictions: I’ll go Kong over Boy, Butcher over Stalker, Shenlong over MAZADA, Kzy over Naoki, Akebono over KAGE, Iwasa over Hulk, Ryo over Shingo (due to YAMATO backstab) and finallly… Doi beating CIMA.
We’ll see how close I am next week. Feel free to make your own predictions in the comments.