Jae is doing a #DGThrowback week on Twitter and with the resurgence of H.A.G.E. and King of Gate just around the corner it seemed very appropriate for our next look down memory lane to be El Numero Uno 2003.
For those not in the know, El Numero Uno is what King of Gate used to be before Dragon Gate. This specific one is very special to a lot of people and I think not many would argue is the best the company has put on. Mainly for one specific reason and that is the rise of the HAGE army! I won’t say anymore. You will just have to watch it and see. Feel free to add to #DGThrowback if you’re on Twitter with your thoughts, or just post them in the comments if not.
Toryumon, 22.04.2003 (PPV/GAORA TV)
Yoyogi National Stadium Gymnasium #2
5,700 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
0. Dragon Scramble Battle Royal: Genki Horiguchi, Susumu Yokosuka, Anthony W. Mori, Dragon Kid, Condotti Shuji, Second Doi, “brother” YASSINI, Kenichiro Arai, Ryo Saito, TARU, Don Fujii & Toru Owashi.
1. Round 2 A: SUWA vs YOSSINO
2. Round 2 B: CIMA vs Susumu Yokosuka
3. Round 2 C: Masaaki Mochizuki vs Milano Collection A.T.
4. Round 2 D: Magnum TOKYO vs Genki Horiguchi
5. Yoshihiro Takayama vs Stalker Ichikawa
6. Semi Final A: Round 2 A vs Round 2 B
7. Semi Final B: Round 2 C vs Round 2 D
8. Ultimo Dragon, Dragon Kid, Kenichiro Arai, Second Doi & Anthony W. Mori vs Don Fujii, TARU, Ryo Saito, Condotti Shuji & “brother” YASSINI
9. Final: Semi Final A vs Semi Final B